Monday 15 November 2010

Long and Productive Day

Generally I make lots of plans and try to get them all done but invariably end up distracted and only manage a fraction of what I think I will get done.  Not so today!  I started working from home at 9.00 with Hubby looking after the little one and keeping her distracted with colouring etc.  Got all the little niggly last bits sent to my web designer so hopefully my website will be relaunched very soon.

I have decided to separate my Soap site from my sewing and teaching site as I struggled with creating a cohesive brand with it all under the same roof.  I am currently designing another site to encompass my teaching and sewing called Rowan Tree Studio.
My other target for today was to finish re-designing my soap and body butter labels for the new shape soaps that I am now making.  I have a delivery to a new shop that is stocking my soap and body butter so had to get the packaging finished and the soap wrapped and ready to go by the end of the day.  I also had to make 4 different body butter scents for the delivery which I managed while Hubby and Bubba went out with the dog. 

The packaging uses retro images kindly supplied by karen at Graphics Fairy and I am really pleased with it.

I may change the peppermint as I have a found a lovely image of two bulldogs looking very feisty which pretty much sums up my peppermint soap! Here is a lovely basket of goodies ready to be delivered!

I then finished my to do list by delivering the restored treadle to my lovely friend who is moving tomorrow!  I also delivered a copy of Sloe Gin and Beeswax one of my favourite books, it is nice to think we will be making the same lovely things each season.
Now I have managed all the things on my list it is time to spend time with my family!

Sarah

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Soaps! Love how classy they look and the images you chose. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't interesting how we are drawn to the packaging? I love the images you decided on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They looks so pretty!!! What a great use for those images! Thanks for linking this up to Brag Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, your soaps look fantastic - well done!
    Did you wrap them in regular brown paper - school book brown paper first, and then the ornamental sleeve? I wrap my soaps in cellophane to try and keep the aroma from evaporating. Does brown paper work as well?
    Carol-Ann
    Kokstad
    South Africa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those images too, in fact I printed that wonderful old Santa image for a paper wreath I made. By the way, I enjoy your writing style. Your blog is fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mudhut, yes I used brown paper and I don't think the aroma evaporates too much, I have found that when I use cellophane the soap sweats too much. I think once they start using the soap the aroma is still there.

    Thanks for all your lovely comments, the packagin seems to be working like a charm as I have recently been asked to have my products sold on an online emporium call www.fromthewilde.com and she loved the packaging.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete